"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Saturday, May 29, 2010

Divine Milieu...Bon Jovi...One Step Closer...



I've seen the heart of darkness
Let's just say I crossed over that line
Held hands with the hopeless
In too deep on that ride
Went around one more time
When you're standing on the edge
You don't look down
Till you're ready and willing to fly...

And I'm willing to try this time
I hitched a ride with forgiveness
In that river of emotion
I went down a third time
I spent the night with the living
Took a chance looked inside
Didn't know who I'd find
Standing on the corner of hello and goodbye
All alone it's there I made up my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment