"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hmmm...Thoughts From Tonight...And What It Is All About - Not Law But Amazing Grace...

“This is what the LORD says: ‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?’ declares the LORD. ‘These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.’”
~ Isaiah 66:1-2 TNIV

"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.”
~ Psalm 51:17 TNIV

“A Message from the high and towering God, who lives in Eternity, whose name is Holy: ‘I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, And what I do is put new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again.’”
~ Isaiah 57:15 The Message

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” ~ Matthew 5:3 TNIV

"A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he leads justice to victory."
~ Matthew 12:20 TNIV

No comments:

Post a Comment