"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sweet Addiction





Once lost
Buried in the bowels of darkness
A candle lit in a window
Gleaming hope of desire
Writhing
Climbing
Fighting
Our way to the light
A beacon inside so beautiful
A lighthouse
Always shining
Always guiding
To our safe harbor
Pain and hurt peeling away
Layer by layer
Day by day
You’ve become my sweet addiction
I crave you
I’m a junkie baby and you’re my drug
My addiction
The needle to my vein
Bury your love needle deep inside me
As deep as it will go
My sweet elixir
I need you
Pulsating through my veins
Giving life
Making me free
You are the lost and forgotten words
The forgotten words
I’ve been searching for
The love
I didn’t think I deserved
The love
I dreamt about
Our path
Our journey
Unfolding in front of us
Day by day
You are the song moving inside me
The song I want to sing
My sweet addiction

You...you...you...
My drug
My addiction
My ceaseless urge - my fix
The needle
Under my skin
The cold chill of desire
The pill
In my mouth
The shot of sweet intoxication
The opiate
In my lungs to erase the hurt
A momentary suspension of existence
Our bed an oasis
Floating away
Hibernating with you
Held in each others arms in a smoke induced otherness
Incense filling my nostrils and you my senses
Between sheets soaked in desire
Mutilated with passion
Love stained heart
Track marks on our souls
The darkness envelops us – you my only light
My passage to life - my release - my high - my trembling compulsion
Only breath
A faint heart beat
Only...only...only
The night between us
The candles flicker
And moonlight casts shadows
On our naked tangled bodies








No comments:

Post a Comment