"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thanks to Trinity, Catherine and Jo...





My friend Catherine’s sister has been visiting with me over the last couple of weeks after a mutual friend of ours, Trinity shared some of my life of late. Thanks to Trinity, Jo has been a wonderful friend to be around and talk with and she wrote me a letter yesterday that so reminded me of Catherine and her heart that it is so obvious they are sister’s and friends with Trinity as all three share the same beauty inside and out. This is what Jo wrote to me:


Now pay attention; this may be your biggest wakeup call ever. I was wondering something…why are you not doing missions work? You would be so good at it! I say fuck this country and get out there! Maybe that’s your calling? I don’t know but it seems like you need to be doing untraditional work somewhere in the world…your soul is deeply hurt and sad, I know this, but you need to be out there making a difference! It’s your personality. You were never meant to be sad and broken…remember this life is only a test and this is your wakeup call…I just think you need to know how special you truly are!!! Damn it, I wish I could explain that you can change the world with your presence and ideas but you have to put yourself out there!!!
Forget responsibility! Your family will understand, but you have to explain it in a way they will understand…people now days are so messed up they forget the important stuff like God and right and wrong…the world needs people like you!!!! I wish I could tell you that life will be easy and everything will get better but it’s not true, it will get harder and harder and harder…it’s how we show we have faith…you have a good heart!!!!! Use it!!! Use the love you are waiting to unleash on the world…ambulance is just a job, life is your test…be proud of who you are…

~ Jo


After reading this, all that came to mind was something Catherine always said to me…and that is - hmmmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment