"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Deje Vu or Remembering...Listening to My Life...Memories and Chrissie Hynde in the Divivne Milieu...


“Listen to your life….because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace."

Déjà vu…
“We have all some experience of a feeling, that comes over us occasionally, of what we are saying and doing having been said and done before, in a remote time - of our having been surrounded, dim ages ago, by the same faces, objects, and circumstances - of our knowing perfectly what will be said next, as if we suddenly remember it!”

-Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

“If knowing answers to life’s questions is absolutely necessary to you, then forget the journey. You will never make it, for this is a journey of unknowables – of unanswered questions, enigmas, incomprehensables, and most of all, things unfair.”
– Madame Jeanne Guyon (mystic and contemplative)






Oh, Why you look so sad?
The tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
But don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
Cause I've seen the dark side too.
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
could make me love you less

So,
If your mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
But hey, what you've got to hide
I get angry too
But I'm a lot like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
Don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
Cause even if your wrong...

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
And when,
When the night falls on you baby
Your feeling all alone
Walking on your own

1 comment:

  1. I have this CD!!!! I love this song! I love her voice! This song must've made you cry??

    ReplyDelete