"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Friend, A Library & A Poem...

My friend…



Sublime presence
Ethereal and whimsical
Supplants and soothes all other spirits in the Seminary library
Surrounded with books and thoughts
A smile on your face makes me laugh

Muse of inspiration, life and beauty
The one heart that beats in unison with my soul resides in you
Absinthe eyes sparkle and swim through the unconsciousness of my pain and loss


All of my secrets are cradled safe in your arms
You hum a forgotten melody while the sun sets
I am like a frightened child during a storm
Sleeping now against your warm breast
Darkness and evil swirl around us
In sleep we are entwined bodies
Embraced, sheltered and blanketed by grace

I look for you always in my dreams
Imagine your touch on my shoulder again
Sitting
I close my eyes in this library
And hope
You will be

Walking to me
When I open them
No – you are missing
There are only shelves with books
Words and stories
Letters
Not spelling you name
Syllables without ontology
Like you in my story...
Hmmm...




No comments:

Post a Comment