"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fragmented Aphorisms...

 
“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”
~ Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus
 
 
I want to go to Everybar to find out what is real and what is not
 
Is there anything really different anywhere
 
Words can mean everything and nothing
 
I like dark gloomy days like this ~ it is as if time ~ somehow slows down
 
Trinity comes to Neo ~ who will come to me
 
 
(U2 ~ For The First Time)




Circles to nowhere ~ now spinning
Maybe if I wanted nothing ~ I would be okay
When I open the door ~ a still wind ~ calms my soul
Behind brown eyes ~ love soothes ~ an ache
In silence we sit ~ miles apart
I run ~ not moving ~ while the ground ~ shifts
Death beacons ~ love pleads ~ life languishes
Inside of you ~ life is created
Open my mind ~ disrobe your soul
 
 
(Photo: Christopher Fletcher)
 
Crawl into darkness ~ hold my hand
Touch my body ~ exercise the demons
Bleeding ~ without a wound ~ hold me ~ be my ~ tourniquet
Summer nights ~ sing songs ~ never heard
Words make love ~ beauty is created
Journey is desired ~ over the destination
 


(U2 ~ The Ground Beneath Her Feet)
 
 
In touching ~ we become ~ truly ourselves
Simply sitting ~ drinking beer ~ life floats
Broken bones like broken hearts never heal to be like they were
Arthritis of the heart ~ feeling with a limp
Something died inside ~ only a scar ~ remains
How deep inside can you go before you drown within yourself
Merely spinning ~ until the music ~ stops
The tide turned ~ the lost found
 
 Words conjured ~ from unconscious caverns
In time ~ love turns ~ affections shift
Peanut in a boot ~ no lighter
Someday I think ~ not sure which
What does it all mean if all means nothing
Kindles don’t smell like books
Life limps ~ like the beggar ~ on the dirty street corner
A cool breeze ~ refreshes my memory
The flickering reflections ~ conceal the truth
Unopened dreams ~ scattered ~ on the floor ~ of my existence
Words come slow ~ my body exhausted
Death ~ a warm comfort ~ from anguish
Death is a blanket to be wrapped in ~ soft assurance of peace
Bleeding without pain ~ feeling without tears
Like a cancer of my mind ~ depression eats away ~ my soul
Letters forever etched ~ in my skin
So many lies ~ choking the beauty ~ in my garden ~ of life
 

 
(U2 ~ Electrical Storm)
 
 
I wasn’t perfect ~ but I tried
People need ~ love ~ appreciation and truth
Will I find ~ love ~ appreciation ~ touch
With the night ~ comes dark ~ questions
Double rye and coke ~ lime twist
Birth to grave ~ love ~ appreciation ~ touch
Blank pages ~ bleeding ~ plead ~ for words
Lonely soul ~ bleeding ~ seeks ~ loving touch
Combustible hearts ~ burn ~ even ~ without flames
Opening doors ~ closing windows ~ startling
I linger ~ in ~ liminal space
Everything for nothing ~ nothing for everything
Wind blowing chimes ~ sounding life’s secrets
The horizon ~ of possibilities ~ within imagination
Sunshine ~ in the morning ~ Bassett Hound ~ Mourning Doves ~ in the garden
When I sleep ~ you are in my dreams ~ when I wake ~ you are in ~ my thoughts
Deep inside myself ~ I go ~ to escape ~ many wonderful things
A smile comforts ~ a thousand tears
 
 
(Photo: Christopher Fletcher)
 
Tears mingled with a smile ~ a rainbow
Bleeding in different ways ~ still blood
Cross legged ~ on the grass ~ holding hands
Some games ~ are not ~ worth playing
Salt of tears ~ remembers ~ salt of the sea
Liminal space ~ kinda grey ~ doing nothing
Counterintuitive disequilibrium ~ moistened ~ with tears
Inside a dream ~ lives all possibilities
Life ~ imperfectly beautiful ~ perfectly imperfect ~ raku
Reading your words ~ knowing your thoughts
Baptized in the river ~ of imperfectability ~ Jordan
It is your life ~ how freeing
The garden wasn’t perfect ~ it was good
Eyes ~ ice blue ~ not cold
Pink bra strap ~ ice blue eyes
Dove ~ spirit ~ freedom
Do I split in two ~ to remain alive
Bifurcation ~ lamentable solution ~ to life’s ~ absurdity
 
(Photo: Christopher Fletcher)


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment