"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Journey...Paradise and Blue Eyes...

"I go out on a party
And look for a little fun
But I find a darkened corner
'Cause I still miss someone

Oh, no I never got over those blues eyes
I see them every where
I miss those arms that held me
When all the love was there..."

"I wonder if she's sorry
For leavin' what we'd begun
There's someone for me somewhere
And I still miss someone

Oh, no I never got over those blues eyes
I see them every where
I miss those arms that held me
When all the love was there
..."

Paradise…

The sun rises and sets,
Each day more beautiful than the last,
Hues of brilliance fill the sky.
The ocean glistens, bathed in sunlight,
All that is lost is found in its saltiness.
Soft warm breezes soothe my skin.

At night come the stars,
And the Southern Cross,
Then my thoughts go to a girl
A girl from long ago,
First kissed under different stars,
A long time ago,
Where innocence was lost,
And a new life created.
While we checked our pulses,
To prove that it was real and we were alive.

I miss that young girl’s smile,
Her radiant blue eyes,
The smell of her hair,
The way she made me feel…

“The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places…”
And so it is also with Paradise,
And Innocence,
And Love,
We are broken and we ache to be strong again.

No matter how far I go,
How many miles away,
Her memory weighs me down.
Her beauty haunts me,
She is in my dreams,
None of her leaves me,
Even in,

Paradise…

1 comment:

  1. "It is not the color of someone's eyes...but the tenderness in them....if there is no gentleness, there is no love....don't let people bring you to heel, because you won't be able to call your soul your own...when we allow
    ourselves to be bewitched by someone, we grow cold inside....dealing with our pain is our only
    hope of coming out clean on the other side, if we numb it, it waits for us & ambushes us, we have to keep moving through it, feeling it.
    Sorrow & mourning shall flee away, until then,let your heart mend, and let those that love you, bind your wounds the best they can.
    God's grace will keep you going forward.

    ReplyDelete