"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Monday, March 21, 2011

Rob Bell Reviews | Jesus Creed - and some of my thoughts and questions.

There is some very good stuff compiled here by Scot McNight on Rob Bell's new book Love Wins:

Rob Bell Reviews Jesus Creed

Interestingly, I have been travelling and as I have travelled (been in Australia for the last two weeks and now in London) I have been looking for any commentary on Rob Bell and his book or even copies of his book in book stores I have passed by. Granted, his book may not have been released in the places I have been, haven't checked on that. Also, I have not been exhaustive by any means in checking in book stores or media outlets - my explorations have been cursory at best.

Still, I have to wonder how isolated a story is this; in particular to America and the Evangelical community?

And, if the answer is yes, that this is a very parochial story and brouhaha then how does that then compare to the global though regional gospel imperative?

No comments:

Post a Comment