"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kay...

Kay...

Muse, lover, friend,
Whisperer of longed for words,
Of ethereal comfort,
Fleeting moments of hope,
Barraged by loathing because, “I can't believe what you say
No, I can't believe what you say…”


Why?

The perpetual question,
I am tired,
Broken,
Alone.
Beauty surrounds me,
Humanity swirls,
And I am fading.
Falling now,
Weighted with doubt and confusion.

Kay…

Now but a shade,
A glimmer of love,
Hidden from reality,
Do you ever think of me?
You are nowhere to be found,
And I remain lost,
Haunted by dreams,
Disturbed in the night,
Distracted in the day,
By blue eyes I love.

Kay…

“I don't wanna be just another useless memory holding you tight,
Or just some other ghost out on the street to whom you stop and politely speak when you pass on by vanishing into the night…”


I am frightened now,
By your eyes I no longer see.
I am severed from my mooring,
Dislodged from,
My being,
My home,
My life,
My desire,
My earthly comfort.

Separated from your body I once slept by,
From familiar smells,
Your skin,
Your touch,
Your kiss,
All shattered,
All smashed,
All gone,

And,“I don't wanna fade away
Tell me what can I do what can I say
Cause darlin' I don't wanna fade away…”


Kay…

Remember, “Some got to win, some got to lose” from long ago?
Well, I understand winning and I understand losing but not how to stop loving you.

Kay...

1 comment:

  1. "love is the strongest force in the world, and when it is blocked this means pain. There are two things we can do when this happens.....
    kill the love so that it stops hurting, but then
    a part of us dies too...
    or we can ask God to open another route for that love to travel. Whenever we cannot love in the old human way, God can give us the perfect way.
    What is lost becomes the god of our idoltry, everything we long for. The one thing in life forever unattainable is the one thing we long to possess.Why can we not accept was is irrevocable and move on to other joys? Sorrow ripens with our bitter thoughts & yet there is not an answer it seems. We begin at the beginning and retrace every step again & again and always arrive at the same end.
    It is better to share our bread of misery with others, it is easier to digest when it is divided. We seem to want to go back even though it would be unpleasant, we like what is familiar. God gives us a note of finality to our past, we must with God's love, power and sound mind be victorious over its snare.
    No matter who breaks my heart in this life, or who lets me down or deceives me or rejects me or betrays me....
    I still have an achor....JESUS. Life rarely offers easy lessons."

    ReplyDelete