"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Monday, February 6, 2012

Addiction...

“If I could, through myself, set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away, see you break, break
 away
Into the light and to the day….”

This song is for all those in exile due to their addictions, whatever they may be, and looking for liberation and a sea to part in their lives and for an exodus for their hurting, tangled, heavy burdened souls.



"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

~ Luke 4:18-19


This desperation, dislocation

Separation, condemnation
Revelation, in temptation
Isolation, desolation
Let it go and so to find away
To let it go and so to find away
To let it go and so to find away…”




 “She walks through the streets

With her eyes painted red
Under black belly of cloud in the rain.
In through a doorway
She brings me white golden pearls
Stolen from the sea…”





1 comment:

  1. "Love makes us run to 'SAMARIA'.....makes us stop to offer living waters & hope at the deep well of hate, where hopeless people stop to drink. Makes us give bread of life to those who starve because they are only feeding on dispair & bitterness."
    "When I wore a coat of shame, the LORD took that filthy coat from me & clothed me with a new coat...a coat colored with salvation and righteouness. He put comfort on me and covered me with praise in front of all men. He gave me new shoes of peace. When I felt I was ugly and had no value, the LORD beautified me with holiness, said I was a jewel in the HIS crown of glory."

    ReplyDelete