"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Monday, July 9, 2012

I Look For You...

I look for you
At night on deserted roads
On the blank pages of time
Where I write and expect you to appear

I search…
In the space between here and there
In the quiet corners of dimly lit cafes
 In dreams during mid-afternoon naps
In Pubs while drinking beer and whiskey shots
In the melody of beautiful songs
In words of a novel
In the cadence of a poem
In my bed between soft sheets
In my bruised heart
In the whispers of the wind
In the roar of a waterfall
In a strangers smile
In my empty arms
In waiting
I wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment