"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Monday, July 16, 2012

Sacrifice....

Intuition speaks to me
In ways that take my breath away
Like a shot to the gut
A paper cut on the heart
Like Odysseus with no Penelope waiting
Wars fought with no victories
My own twenty years ended not with fidelity but betrayal
I have no home
Lost amongst the ruins of my life
God tells me things I would rather not know
She tells me to do things I would rather not do
Vertigo of soul returns with a wicked vengeance
The liminal space is ever wider
Ripped apart by the shattering of the ground beneath my feet
I falter and fall
Dizzyingly weeping on the way to the floor of unrequited dreams
I want now to disappear
The depth of feeling overwhelms me
Pierces all I am and will ever be
Excruciating silent shrieks deafen my imagination
Paralyzed and twisting I turn to nowhere
In my own blood I mark my pain without moving
Aghast I close my eyes
Broken
Beaten
Damned
Sacrifice

2 comments:

  1. You have what it takes, I believe in you. I am praying for you. You must stay away from those who are negative. Don't focus on negativity so much that you will grow your problems bigger.Push forward, focus beyond your environment. "Every adversity, every failure, every heartach carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." What you focus on the most is the direction you are going. If you focus all your attention on the positive side of your problems, there is no telling how different your life will come to be.
    You might like to read "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We who lived in the concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms-to choose one's attitudes in any given set of circumstances,to choose one's own way."

    ReplyDelete