"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Thursday, July 26, 2012

Poems, Words and A Song...

 "It takes more courage to examine the dark corners of your own soul than it does for a soldier to fight on the battlefield."
~ W.B Yeats

     (Alanis Morissette - Tapes)



Indescribable

The ache
 That follows me
 Entangles me
Surrounds me
It is me 
Grafted and grown into my bones
Deep in my heart it resides
Bidding me to darkness




“‘Listen, Robert, going to another country doesn’t make any difference. I’ve tried all that. You can’t get away from yourself by moving from one place to another. There’s nothing to that.’”
~ Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises




Falling
Another town
Another night
A stranger among strangers
Alone while surrounded by many
Invisible
What am I doing here?
First nights feel like this…I think?
Each new moment another beginning of exquisite fragility
A circle to nowhere and now whirling like a Dervish without ecstasy
Eyes all around looking and wondering
Caught in a simulacrum of replicated reality
Each place an illusion of another with the same beats pulsating
In discord behind the smoke and in the mirrors
My reflections betrays my soul
Words can mean everything and nothing
Disoriented in space
I close my eyes
Falling





1 comment: