"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Sunday, May 20, 2012

It Is True...


“Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.” ~ Samuel Beckett

“…an immense and aching solitude.” ~ William Styron


Do I take a pill to alter my mind’s chemistry and not feel or not swallow it and feel the intense pain well up inside of me? What is real?

“My gentle and mild being through thy ruthless fury
has turned into a raging hell that is not from here.
Quite pure, quite free of future planning, I mounted
the tangled funeral pyre built for my suffering,
so sure of nothing more to buy for future needs,
while in my heart the stored reserves kept silent.”
~ Rainer Maria Rilke

(Mark Rothko)


It is true
All of it
Everything she said to me
Anyone who really knew me would hate me:
I am a horrible husband
I am a horrible father
I am moody
I am depressed

(Mark Rothko)


I am awful
I caused her to find someone else
I am following a wrong empty path
I am lazy
I am unlikable
I am a mess
I am a burden
I am unkind
I am selfish
I am



Lost...
Floating on an ethereal sea of emptiness
Into a dark cavernous void
I want to shut my eyes and never wake
Reality is too cruel a friend
An abyss of loathing contempt
I sink as into a pit of quicksand



Suffocating and pulling me deeper
Into blackness
And death



“There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy.”
~ Albert Camus, Myth of Sisyphus




No comments:

Post a Comment