"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20th, 2012...


"Being apart and lonely is like rain.
It climbs toward evening from the ocean plains;
from flat places, rolling and remote, it climbs
to heaven, which is its old abode.
And only when leaving heaven drops upon the city.

It rains down on us in those twittering
hours when the streets turn their faces to the dawn,
and when two bodies who have found nothing,
dissapointed and depressed, roll over;
and when two people who despise eachother
have to sleep together in one bed-

that is when loneliness receives the rivers..."
~ Rainer Maria Rilke, Loneliness





“O hour of my muse: why do you leave me,
Wounding me by the wingbeats of your flight?
Alone: what shall I use my mouth to utter?

How shall I pass my days? And how my nights?

I have no one to love. I have no home.
There is no center to sustain my life.
All things to which I give myself grow rich
and leave me spent, impoverished, alone. “
~ Rainer Maria Rilke, The Poet



1 comment:

  1. "When Jesus provides for you at the right time,
    you will find your comfort. Your mind and soul
    and even your body will feel lighter and more
    alive. You will smile and laugh again."

    "Love is about letting go of self.
    So many words we write, what you do with your
    hurt is very important. We all must make our
    way back to King's table, we can't make it on
    our own, we need Jesus, the good Shepherd, who
    finds us. He gives us back our inheritance, our
    relationship with Him, so we can all eat at His
    table.We are all crippled in our souls, let us
    not look back at our lives, but give thanks to
    our Father God for the invitation to His table.
    Let us humble ourselves like little children
    and allow ourselves to be rescued by the King.
    Let us all respond to the King's invitation,
    knowing that Jesus deals with all of us,
    because we are all disabled humans.

    ReplyDelete