"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Divine Milieu...Brandi Carlilie - What Can I Say...



Look to the clock on the wall,
Hands hardly moving at all.
Can't stand the state that I'm in
Sometimes it feels like the walls closing in

O lord what can I say
I am so sad since you went away
time time ticking on me
Alone is the last place I wanted to be
Lord what can I say

Try to bury my toubles away
drowns my sorrows the same way
seem that no matter how hard I try
It feel like somethings just missing inside

How rules can I break
how many lies can I make
how many roads can I turn
to find me a place where the bridge doesn't burn

2 comments:

  1. A couple of quotes to consider:
    "Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing."

    "It is true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the above.

    ".....that we find freedom not in avoidance
    of life's problems but by the activity in this
    world for the sole purpose of working for You,
    Lord." Falk Winter--Christian Blind Missions
    Togo, Africa

    ReplyDelete