"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Friday, March 12, 2010

Divine Milieu...Sarah McLachlan - Full Of Grace...



The winter here’s cold, and bitter
It’s chilled us to the bone
We haven’t seen the sun for weeks
To long too far from home
I feel just like I’m sinking
And I claw for solid ground
I’m pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
Oh darkness I feel like letting go
If all of the strength and all of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I could love you much better than this

Full of grace
Full of grace

My love
So it’s better this way, I said
Having seen this place before
Where everything we said and did
Hurts us all the more
Its just that we stayed, too long
In the same old sickly skin
I’m pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
Oh darkness I feel like letting go
If all of the strength
And all of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I could love you much better than this

Full of grace
Full of grace
My love

2 comments:

  1. Ashes into Gold by Martin M. Davis
    "it's Friday---But Sunday's comin'!
    This Easter season may find us in despair. Like Jesus nailed in agony to the cross on that bleak Friday two thousand years ago, we may wonder why God seemingly has forsaken us. Today may find us living in darkness and obscurity, the ground uncertain beneath our feet, just as on the day of Christ's death.
    Today, the weight of the pain of a broken relationship may nearly crush us; the habitual use of alcohol or drugs may imprison us; an obsession with a person or thing may torment us; the loss of a loved one may shred the fabric of our souls; failing health or the ruin of career may leave us in despair; and for many others, the poor choices and mistakes of the past haunt us. But our despair, suffering and pain-like the crucifixtion-must always be viewed in the light of the following resurrection, vindication and glory.
    In the eloquent words of Alister McGrath "The transformation of that darkness into light, as Good Friday gave way to Easter Day, constitures the basis of our Christian hope-that the dark night of faith will finally give way to the dawn of resurrection life. But in the meantime we struggle on in the twilight world of faith. Or in the immortal words of Tony Compolo, "It's Friday, but Sunday's comin'!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song- but never read the lyrics before.

    ReplyDelete