"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Divine Milieu...U2 - Stuck In A Moment...



I'm not afraid of anything in this world,
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard,
I'm just trying to find a decent melody,
A song that I can sing in my own company...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord, that you're my shepherd.
    And despite all the responsibilities
    that lay heavily on my shoulders,
    there is someone right beside me
    to carry me and care for my concerns.

    I praise you that you choose my pasture with care
    and even if I am not aware of what my needs are
    you wiil see to it that those needs are met
    and I will lack nothing that it is good for me to have.
    Often, Lord, I find myself confused
    about what the right path might be,
    and so I'm grateful that you will lead me
    to the destination you have planned.

    When circumstances are dark and hard, Lord,
    you will never leave me to go through them on my own,
    And if I'm too tired, too distracted
    or even too stubborn to heed your voice,
    you'll use your shepherd tools----
    circumstances...other people..even my mistakes
    to keep me heading in the right direction.

    Sometimes, Lord, there seem to be enemies on every side opposing every step I take.
    But I can choose whom I will feast with--
    the demons of doubt, discouragement and despair
    or your lavish provision
    of love and light and laughter.

    I annoint my head with many things,Lord,
    but far more important than what I chose
    is your oil of joy
    and of commissioning for future service.

    My eternal life does not begin on the day that
    I die.
    This forever quality of living
    starts as soon as I accept your shepherdly authority
    and will see me safely through every age and
    stage
    into the cascading light and total love that
    is your heaven.
    --------------------

    Quiet Day by ....Francois de la Mothe Fenelon
    How can you expect God to speak in
    that gentle and inward voice which melts
    the soul, when you are making so much noise
    with your rapid reflections, Be silent,
    and God will speak again.

    ReplyDelete