"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grace In Falling and Holding Hands...In The End...



Gracious, approachable, exceptional, a breath of fresh air, a good heart, likable:

“But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this

There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter”


-Linkin Park

1 comment:

  1. I feel that we should be sitting with you in a circle in sackcloth and ashes. Thinking about the book of Job of course, and seeing how this book presents a striking example of the news behind the news ....of God at work behind the scenes of human suffering. After numerous atempts by Job and his friends to uncover the reasons for his suffering and anguish, God himself enters the dialogue with a majestic description of His power and love. I know God does not always answer all our questions about why we are suffering or why we are discouraged.
    I believe no trial comes to us except by His permission and for some wise and loving purpose perhaps only eternity will disclose.
    As your mom I wish of course I could make everything wonderful but I just read this quote
    by Oliver Wendell Holmes...
    " If I had a formula for ridding mankind of trouble, I think I would not reveal it, for in doing so, I would do him a disservice."
    Psalm 42:1-4
    "I'm thankful this lament (and many others) is included in the psalms. Because instead of disowning disillusioned people, God presents in this Psalm an engraved invitation for us to express our sorrow. Our Redeemer permits us to bring everything---disappointment, frustration, and even whining--to Him as an act of worship. And from those emotional ashes, God creates an exquisite and acceptable offering unto Himself. There is no shame in confessing we feel far away from God; it certainly doesn't surprise Him! I believe the first step to getting our groove back is being honest enough to admit that we have lost it." Lisa Harper
    Love you...mom

    ReplyDelete