"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Friday, March 26, 2010

Divine Milieu...Jesus Christ Superstar - I Don't Know How To Love Him...



Is this not the universal question, how do I love well or at all? Not only how to love Jesus for Mary Magdalene or any of us, but for each other to each other. In our hearts, the depth of our being the question echoes out of the silence of our thoughts, "I don't know how to love him..." or her or God.

What happens if we risk and love, why is it a fearful thing to do? Is it really so illusive? Love. Is it what we are all aching for, to be loved and accepted for who we are not who we are expected to be either by ourselves or by others? Is that why we journey on, looking for friends to love and journey with us becasue all of us know whether we admit it or not feel at times like Bono sings, "...I still haven't found what I am looking for..." and we "..hold the hand of the devil, it is warm in the night..." because that is less frightning than loving another person and in the cold and lonliness of the dark night it brings momentary comfort?

Hmmm...anyway this is a great song asking profound questions?



I don't know how to love him.
What to do, how to move him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I've seen myself,
I seem like someone else.
I don't know how to take this.
I don't see why he moves me.
He's a man. He's just a man.
And I've had so many men before,
In very many ways,
He's just one more.
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love,
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Don't you think it's rather funny,
I should be in this position.
I'm the one who's always been
So calm, so cool, no lover's fool,
Running every show.
He scares me so.
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Yet, if he said he loved me,
I'd be lost. I'd be frightened.
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope.
I'd turn my head. I'd back away.
I wouldn't want to know.
He scares me so.
I want him so.
I love him so.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that no matter how much love is poured upon any person, whether God's love for us or our love for someone, unless that love is received, it full effect cannot be accomplished in our heart.
    Thinking about Mary Magdalene......
    The jar of ointment is a symbol of Mary's love and surrender to Jesus her heart then is nourished with God's love & joy.
    From a recent book I read .......
    Mary Magdalene...."She was not empty from the absence of her past life, but she was newly filled & changed & more beautiful. She was like a clear glass goblet letting the colour of new wine shimmer in the light."
    God's love transforms us into new people but
    it does not happen instantly. I know.
    Love you...mom
    Dad always says we are Christians under construction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete