"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thoughts...Jackson Brown, William Butler Yeats, Jeremiah & Edvard Munch...



"Well it's just that I've been losing for so long,
I'll keep on moving,
Things are bound to be improving these days,
One of these days--
These days I sit on corner stones,
And count the time in quarter tones to ten, my friend,
Don't confront me with my failures,
I had not forgotten them..."

-Jackson Brown


"A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death."

- William Butler Yeats

“Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow and to end my days in shame?”
-Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment