"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On My Mind and Heart Tonight...Grace In Being Honest...& Human...


“Jesus wept.”

"Nothing will give us so much strength as being fully known & fully loved by fellow human beings in the Name of God."
-Henri Nouwen



“A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out…”

"My soul is in deep anguish. How long, LORD, how long?"

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart?"

"My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest."

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins."

"All day long they surround me like a flood; they have completely engulfed me. You have taken from me friend and neighbor— darkness is my closest friend."

"So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed."

No comments:

Post a Comment