"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Depression Notes ~ August 1, 2012 & Kelly Clarkson ~ Dark Side...


“There's a place that I know
 It's not pretty there and few have ever gone
 If I show it to you now
 Will it make you run away…
 Or will you stay
 Even if it hurts
 Even if I try to push you out
 Will you return?
 And remind me who I really am
 Please remind me who I really am
 Everybody's got a dark side
 Do you love me?
 Can you love mine?
 Nobody's a picture perfect
 But we're worth it
 You know that we're worth it
 Will you love me?
 Even with my dark side?”



                                                                                                   (Kelly Clarkson ~ Dark Side)



Like a cancer of my mind ~ depression eats away ~ my soul…

From Celexa to Wellbutron today…

I wake up tired from sleeping ~ could stay in bed for days ~ makes me feel lazy but I don’t want to feel like that. Want to feel like doing something ~ anything…

The words ~ what am I doing here ~ what am I doing anywhere ~ keep playing in my mind ~ over and over…

Is it that I need somebody beside me to deeply love me ~ to be with me and not be afraid of this darkness?

Life seems like, feels like and incredible amount of effort ~ a vast impossibility. Which is why I believe I feel so defeated, I have given up in some way (almost without me knowing it) stepped off the track during the race.

Nothing excites me ~ emotionally flat ~ lost hope ~ so tired…

Unopened dreams ~ scattered over my existence…

Words come slowly ~ my body exhausted…

Sleep is warm ~ comfort from anguish…

Sleep is a blanket to be wrapped in ~ soft assurance of peace…

Bleeding without blood ~ feeling without tears…

Life limps like a beggar on a dirty street corner…

What does it mean if it all means nothing?

In time ~ love turns ~ affections shift…

Someday I think ~ not sure which…

Words are conjured ~ from unconscious caverns…

Do people think about living or what it means to be alive ~ or do they just exist? Exist without questioning why?



1 comment:

  1. We love you for who you are, we will always support you. We know it is very hard for you, but we are here to help you. We love you...mom & dad

    ReplyDelete