"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Madrid…

 
“You are the poet, you walk inside my dreams...” ~ Anaïs Nin
 
She was anonymous
Till she slipped her hand in mine
Unleashing a torrent
 
Caressing my palm
Feeling my soul
Praying against the pain
 
She told a story
Revealing herself in metaphor
Her roman à clef
 
Mystical moments on steps
Coffee we loved
Coffee we dared
 
Eloquent words from Madrid
Missing her hand in mine
She spoke of a night of tears
 
 

We both tasted darkness
Desperation tinged surrender
From the brink to light


 
On my arm the mark of trust
Symbol of life carved in flesh
Poetic archetype
 
Three times upon me
Three times within me
Three stacked stones
 
Hand on shoulder
Time retreating
She walks in dreams
 
Hmmm she said
While I sighed
I love you…


No comments:

Post a Comment