"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Eyes Go Dim...


As if from a dream I am waking
Opening my eyes
I know it has all been for nothing
Toss me into the raging sea
Let me drown and sink below the cusps of the churning waves
I am lost and gone
Gasping for air my lungs burn with despair
Why live when I fear all that is before and behind
Here and now consumed with guilt
Ridden with shame of words unspoken
Actions undone
None would change a damn thing I am certain
A temptress beckons broken souls and her beauty turns to hate
A stone heart is hard and cold
Like the sea I am sinking in
Fitting end for the wretch I am
Who believed a lie and thought her smile was love
All the while beguiled and betrayed
Still her games afoot
Piercing my flesh with eyes like daggers
She pulls me into her layer and pounces with screams of death
From afar her daggers fly
Each finding a home deep within my bones
While fucking her men she whispers to me, “…see you were never the one…”
I die more with each word
My eyes go dim
No breath in me
Nor soul in my being
Extinguished now in deep dark water
Her work is done
My innocence gone
Death my retreat from her god awful gaze
Beauty transformed to gall
Insolent bitch who decried my love
Forever I curse to recall my wounds
Closing her eyes may my body burn in bright illuminate hues
On canvas before sleep comes
Following her into the night on wings of nightmarish ghoulish beasts
Haunting her dreams with my bloated corpse
Out my light
My life
Your blight
It is done
You’ve won
I recant my love
My loyalty to you facetious and absurd
How foolish I was to look into your eyes
To believe and conceive of love
Only darkness
I’m dead


No comments:

Post a Comment