"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Monday, August 20, 2012

Reader Comments ~ Sharing a Cup of Grace...



I have often wondered if what I write or create on my blog is worthwhile or if it is merely my thoughts go off somewhere. This week which has been a difficult one for me battling with depression I have been encouraged by comments made by some people who have stopped by and looked at my blog and shared a cup of grace with me.

Some thoughts:

 “As a fellow depressed person, my heart and prayers go out to you. Keep writing your feelings, they are more than just for you.”

And ~

"Wow. I have been there. Been told that by the people that love me the most. By the people that I actually know have a deep faith. 'Just snap out of it.' Here's a better one. "Just go home and have a good cry. Yeah, cry it out." As if the pain will wash away with the tears. There is no way in this world to make a person who has never been depressed understand the feeling of depression and/or loneliness in spite of a plethora of friends. You're so right. This isn't something we ask to feel. It isn't something we can just "snap out of." Thank God there are sites like this where we can share our pain. Thank you for sharing yours."


"I just found your site. Was it merely by accident? I don't think so. I am so in love with the whole concept of grace, of sacrificial love. It was Anne Lamott that brought me here, but it is the subject matter that will keep me coming back. Thank you Anne. Thank you Christopher. God Bless you both."


"I wish I had more free time. I could sit at your site all day and just drink and drink your cups of grace. As it is, I came here for an assignment for school. But I will be coming back day after day. So far, what I've read on this blog has hit me so personally. The only solution to ‘a crisis of faith’ would be ‘a cup of grace.’ I'll be back for more."

On the blog in general and the biblical pieces ~
"I have only read the bible in bits and pieces, you know the highlights: Genesis, Noah, Moses, the New Testament if it was in a movie. So here you are and you relate the bible in the most beautiful ways, it makes me want to read it and I am fascinated with not only how you share it, but relate it to everyday life. You have this WEALTH of knowledge, education, passion, enthusiasm for the biblical text and relating it to movies of today, music, life. Most people I know went to church because their parents made them. I don’t remember much about church except being scared to death of the crucifix in the front of the church. You make it fascinating."


Thank-you to everyone who enjoys A Cup of Grace...


No comments:

Post a Comment