"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."
~ Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms



"Our lives disconnect and reconnect, we move on, and later we may touch one another, again bounce away. This is the felt shape of a human life, neither simply linear nor wholly disjunctive nor endlessly bifurcating, but rather this bouncey sequence of bumping into's and tumblings apart."
~ Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet



Friday, August 3, 2012

Irish Rose...


“My wild Irish Rose, the sweetest flower that grows.
 You may search everywhere, but none can compare with my wild Irish Rose.
 My wild Irish Rose, the dearest flower that grows,
 And some day for my sake, she may let me take the bloom from my wild Irish Rose…”
~ Chauncey Olcott, My Wild Irish Rose

Siobhan

A name
Of a woman
Letters forever etched on my body
Memories that dance in my heart


A friend and lover…
Who noticed when I was the most invisible
Who held my hand on the journey through Irish rain
Who gave me hope in love again


Along the Tiber we walked
Drank wine under the Tuscan sun
In the night wrapped in love’s embrace
Kissed by the morning sun
Our lives entwined in time
Our stories told in rhyme
Lyrical and mystical like the Emerald Isle


Our bodies separated
Through space
Displaced by geography

Yet…

The tranquil touch of fingertips not forgotten through the distance
Or the cloudy dawn surrounded by misty hills
With the fragrant scent of tenderness
Lingering on my soul


Knowing the wind will carry my words
Breathless
I whisper your name
My wild Irish rose…





  (Brandi Carlile ~ Hiding My Heart Away)



1 comment: